Archive for the ‘Products & Services’ Category
Monday, February 10th, 2014
A great way to remember year-round that workplace bullying creates problems for bullied targets — not only are rosy expectations to be left alone to do their jobs shattered, bullying causes stress-related health diseases, namely cardiovascular diseases.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013
Available on the BullyBusters Store!
Friday, November 22nd, 2013
Have a Bully-Free Thanksgiving
Please contribute to our crowdfunding campaign for the WBI 2014 National Survey For free buttons, see the Perks to donors.
We definitely appreciate your help.
Tags: 2014 U.S. Workplace Bullying Survey, Bullies Gobble $$$, buttons, indiegogo, turkeys, WBI merchandise, workplace bullying, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in Products & Services | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Thursday, November 14th, 2013
10 Steps to Ensure an Abuse-Free NFL Workplace
1. The change must be at the NFL level and not remain buried within the Dolphins organization alone.
2. Be careful to not move from zero awareness to zero tolerance. The most extreme swing will make compliance officers of all coaches and compel snitching among players. Resentment would ensue. Allow time to learn new ways to interact. Tolerate up to two offenses prior to termination.
3. Create a policy to draw “the line in the sand.” Unacceptable conduct must be specified. Behavioral standards must exist for comparison’s sake.
4. Demand that the policy pertain to all employees — owners to rookie players and all coaches in between. Apply the standards consistently. Do not resolve on a “case-by-case” basis that allows for exemptions for favorites.
5. Before formal complaints can be filed, require that bullied players first consult with a member of an Expert Peers Team trained in the nuances of workplace bullying so that the ambiguous experiences can be clarified, strategies provided and information about the policy and procedures explained safely and confidentially.
6. Write the policy or code to address only the most severe, health-harming forms of abusive conduct that has absolutely nothing to do with performance (playing the game successfully).
7. Allow non-humiliating rituals to continue (such as rookies gathering helmets at the end of games … see coach Pete Carroll). Render extinct hazing, intimidation, financial extortion, and other non-physical forms of abuse.
8. Devise safe, non-retaliatory, non-stigmatizing procedures that enable complaint filing and 3rd party investigations.
9. Provide healing, restorative justice solutions for affected targets, bullies and witnessing coworkers.
10. Identify veteran & retired players known for toughness (e.g., Ray Lewis) who can be league ambassadors on the topic.
Roger Goodell, call me at 360-656-6630.
Gary Namie, PhD
Follow the full NFL story in the Category list in the sidebar: NFL: Jonathan Martin
Tags: culture change, employer solution, Gary Namie, Jonathan Martin, locker room culture, systemic, Work Doctor, workplace bullying, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in NFL: Jonathan Martin, Products & Services, WBI Education | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Our last national survey on workplace bullying was done in 2010. The WBI is currently seeking donations to fund a new 2014 U.S. Workplace Bullying Survey. The goal is modest (you can give a small amount and still make it happen).
Tags: Dr. Gary Namie, U.S. Workplace Bullying Survey, WBI surveys, workplace bullying, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in Bullying-Related Research, Products & Services, WBI Education, WBI Surveys & Studies | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Wednesday, September 25th, 2013
For the first time in 16 years we are asking website visitors to tell us what they like and dislike, what future projects they want us to undertake, and to give us general feedback. I also hope that people who find us for a single reason will see the breadth of our programs and services. Please take a moment to complete the feedback survey. At the end, as thanks, you’ll see a coupon code for our BullyBusters Store, worth 10% off your next purchase.
Monday, September 16th, 2013
Self-guided program on DVD for employers of all sizes leads to the creation of a comprehensive, defensible policy to prevent and correct workplace bullying from the recognized originator of the workplace bullying consulting field in North America.
Recognition of workplace bullying is at an all time high and employers are beginning to addressing. Workplace Bullying Institute research shows that only 5.5% of U.S. employers are adequately dealing with the problem in their organizations. In a 2013 survey of business executives, 68% indicated it was a serious problem. Many employers don’t know where to start. Since launching the U.S. anti-workplace bullying movement in 1997, Dr. Gary Namie has worked with organizations to create policies and procedures. For the first time, and only from WBI, companies of all sizes can now apply the same writing method normally facilitated by Dr. Namie in person.
”We wanted to remove all barriers for all employers to stopping bullying,” according to Dr. Namie, “Employees are clamoring for protection and this is our plan to accelerate the changes businesses must make to stem the losses.”
The cost is $299 so that small businesses can protect themselves against the losses incurred by a workplace bully.
The DVD is best used by an assembled team of workers called the Policy Writing Group or the appropriate authority in small firms. Instructions are provided that allow the group to create the most comprehensive set of policy provisions, informal solutions, and formal enforcement procedures. Law professor David C. Yamada discusses legal and liability issues associated with policy creation. Only those who work at your organization understand the idiosyncrasies of their unique workplace culture. This DVD results in a policy specific to your organization with all of the accompanying ethical and logistical questions answered.
For product information visit The Work Doctor® Website
Tags: David Yamada, Gary Namie, policy, procedures, solution, training, Work Doctor, workplace bullying, workplace bullying policy
Posted in Good News, Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 2, Products & Services | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Friday, May 24th, 2013
An Introduction to Workplace Bullying: For Mental Health Practitioners
We designed this brand new DVD with two goals in mind: To help Targets of workplace bullying and to train mental health professionals about this challenging topic. It is the perfect introductory training for mental health practitioners.
It gives Targets the power to teach their counselors about workplace bullying. As a bullied target, you can watch this video alongside your therapist and learn about the phenomenon together, during a single session. Don’t blame your therapist for not understanding workplace bullying. There are not many professionals out there that have experience with the phenomenon. In a 2013 WBI Instant Poll only 29.7% of Mental Health Professionals had a complete understanding of workplace bullying.
Teach Your Psychotherapist How to Help You
Bullied targets are a challenging clinical population, in part due to the recurring trauma and marked isolation they endure. And, while a significant body of research links workplace bullying to physical, mental, social, and economic health harm for the bullied target, there is a paucity of mental health professionals specially trained to work with this phenomenon.
What to do: Use one 50 min. session with your psychotherapist to play this DVD while you are in the room. Stop the disc whenever questions arise, or if you want to make a point to your therapist about your experience. Use the DVD to start a dialogue.
In this video, Jessi Eden Brown, MS, LMHC, LPC, NCC an experienced, licensed mental health therapist and the WBI Professional Coach, shows clinicians the pitfalls many therapists fall into when helping Targets of workplace bullying. She offers practical advice about how best to support those hurting. Viewers will learn how to recognize the signs, and address the symptoms, of workplace bullying in their clients. Ms. Brown skillfully imparts the unique treatment considerations associated with counseling bullied targets and offers practitioners an assortment of resources for supporting clients and their families.
Tags: bullied targets, counseling, counselors, DVD, eden therapy, help for bullied targets, Jessi Brown, Jessi Eden Brown, targets, therapy, WBI coaching, workplace bullying
Posted in Products & Services, Tutorials About Bullying | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Tuesday, March 12th, 2013
Hyatt Regency Hotel, 400 West Waterman Street, Wichita, KS 67202
Tuesday, March 12th, 2013