Freedom Week: What can Family & Friends do?
- Give unconditional positive support to the targets. Believe them. Tolerate dinners disturbed by their obsessing about the never-ending problem at work. Understand the exhaustion and withdrawal.
- Encourage them to get psychological and medical help. Validate that they are tough, but because they are human, they cannot endure prolonged exposure to extreme stress without it impairing their health — no one can.
- Provide needed respite from the toxic, stressful world of work targets endure.
- Distract them with pleasurable activities.
- Remind them of who they were before bullying injured them.
- Remember, you will be the last ones standing when all others have abandoned them.
- Don’t ask them to do more than they are capable of doing.
- Don’t ask why they did not do more to fight back.
- Sit down together and watch the WBI Webinar: For Family and Friends
- Bullying tests the love between partners and friends. You can pass the test for the sake of your loved one.
Freedom from Workplace Bullies Week sponsored by the Workplace Bullying Institute, is a chance to break through the shame & silence surrounding bullying. It is a week to be daring & bold. Here are different ways to celebrate Freedom Week:
This site is best viewed with Firefox web browser. Click here to upgrade to Firefox for free. X