Physical Health Impairment
How Bullying Can Affect Your Body
Stressors, aspects of the work environment and the behavior of people working there, can generate stress. Stress is a biological human response. It is physiological and real, not just imagined. Low-level stress may be necessary to compel people to act. However, severe stress, which prevents rational, controlled action, has overwhelmingly negative consequences.
Physical health problems from stress include:
- Cardiovascular Problems: Hypertension to Strokes, Heart Attacks
- Adverse Neurological Changes: Neurotransmitter Disruption, Hippocampus Shrinkage
- Immunilogical Impairment: More frequent infections of greater severity
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Skin Disorders
Some physical indications of the above stress might include:
- Tremors of the Lips, Hands, Etc.
- Feeling Uncoordinated
- Profuse Sweating
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Rapid Breathing
- Elevated Blood Pressure
- Chest Pain
- Uncontrollable Crying
Each of the symptoms can start small and may seem unrelated, but the presence of such indicators should be heeded as a warning.