Posts Tagged ‘CHWA’
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
The California Healthy Workplace Advocates, CHWA, is one of the most active state-based groups in the nation. They are volunteer citizen lobbyists for the WBI anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill. They have members statewide. Monthly meetings are held in Sacramento. Details here.)
WBI established Freedom Week from Workplace Bullies Week, the third week in October during Domestic Violence Awareness and Bullying Prevention Month. CHWA routinely solicits proclamations from California cities and counties that declare the municipalities’ endorsement of the following principles:
• government has an interest in promoting the social and economic well-being of its citizens
• that well-being depends upon the existence of healthy and productive employees working in safe and abuse-free work environments
• abusive work environments are costly for employers with consequences including reduced productivity, absenteeism, turnover, injuries
• protection from abusive work environments should apply to every worker, and not be limited to legally protected class status based only on race, color, gender, national origin, age or disability
Here are the cities and counties that proclaimed Freedom Week in 2017. Use links for viewing.
Tags: 2017 proclamations, abuse-free work environments, abusive conduct, california city proclamations, California Healthy Workplace Advocates, CHWA, Freedom from workplace bullies week, proclamations, worker well-being, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in Events & Appearances, Freedom Week, WBI Education | No Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Monday, February 14th, 2011
Our friends at the California Healthy Workplace Advocates, who lobby to enact the anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill distribute every Valentine’s Day their message to California lawmakers at the Capitol that Workplace Bullying Breaks Hearts. In fact, the link between bullying and cardiovascular disease is strong and undeniable. So, on this day of saturation in all things about love, CHWA reminds us that no one is safe as long as workplace bullying continues. You can purchase the slogan as a button or magnet at our merchandise store.
Saturday, February 12th, 2011
• Esque Walker, TX State Coordinator appeared on KSAT-TV, San Antonio. Watch the You Tube clip.
These are the volunteers changing the social and political landscape in America. You could join them. Ask how.
Friday, October 8th, 2010
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who attended the evening with Ruth and Gary Namie. We enjoyed meeting all of you!
To help celebrate Freedom Week 2010 in Northern California, spend
An Evening with Ruth and Gary Namie
Tuesday October 19, South San Francisco — Grosvenor Best Western Hotel
Wednesday October 20, Sacramento — Radisson Sacramento
Each night the doors open at 6 pm.
The Drs. Namie will lead a seminar from 7 to 9 pm covering.
• Updates on the newest science related to bullying
• Status of the workplace bullying movement begun in Benicia in ’97
• Employer responses to bullying
• Status of the law in various states
Afterwards, members of California Healthy Workplace Advocates (CHWA) will be present to describe the 2011 campaign to enact the anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill.
S. San Francisco hotel location: 380 S. Airport Blvd., SSF
Sacramento hotel location: 500 Leisure Lane, Sacramento
Tags: California Healthy Workplace Advocates, CHWA, Gary Namie, Healthy Workplace Bill, Ruth Namie, workplace bullying
Posted in Events & Appearances, Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 2 | 2 Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Friday, April 17th, 2009
Video: Calling A Bully A Bully
BNET Featured Video
Features WBI colleague and expert Carrie Clark
Co-Founder, California Healthy Workplace Advocates