Posts Tagged ‘Jessi Eden Brown’
Friday, October 28th, 2011
The recent WBI Instant Poll, completed by 317 respondents, asked how bullied individuals defined “victory” in their personal campaign against workplace bullying. This would mean winning. In a broader sense, it is the justice they seek, perhaps a restoration of the fairness denied them during their bullying months or years.
Tags: Dr. Gary Namie, Gary Namie, Jessi Eden Brown, online poll, targets define victory, workplace bullying
Posted in Bullying-Related Research, Tutorials About Bullying | 10 Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
Gary Namie (Ph.D., Social Psychology) and Ruth Namie (Ph.D., Clinical Psychology) started the U.S. workplace bullying movement in mid-1997 after Ruth’s personal experience at the hands of a tyrannical woman supervisor in a psychiatry clinic.
The Drs. Namie began the first and only U.S. research, education, advocacy and consulting organization — the Workplace Bullying Institute (WBI, workplacebullying.org) now in Bellingham, Washington. Their current books areThe Bullying-Free Workplace (2011, Wiley) for employers and The Bully At Work (2009, Sourcebooks) for bullied individuals. WBI regularly conducts research, including the scientific 2010 & 2007 U.S. Workplace Bullying Surveys and online large sample studies. As the go-to experts, WBI has been featured on U.S. and Canadian network and local TV, national and local newspapers, business magazines and radio, with nearly 1,000 interviews.
Tags: Bob Morris, Gary Namie, Healthy Workplace Bill, Jessi Eden Brown, Ruth Namie, The Bully-Free Workplace, workplace bullying
Posted in Fairness & Social Justice Denied, WBI in the News | 3 Archived Comments | Post A Comment (
Friday, March 4th, 2011
By Brad Broberg, Puget Sound Business Journal, March 4, 2011
Pity the bully who picks on Gary Namie.
Thursday, October 14th, 2010
• OCT. 19. Thanks to the Texas Healthy Workplace Advocates, El Paso Mayor John Cook and the City Council will proclaim on October 19, Freedom from Bullies at Work Week! If you live in Texas, thank the Mayor. If you want to help Texas enact the anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill, contact the TX State Coordinator.
• OCT. 19, 5 pm (central time) on Pattie Porter’s Texas Conflict Coach radio show, the story of Kevin Morrissey’s suicide in response to his prolonged mistreatment at the Univ. of Virginia. Thank you, Pattie!
• OCT. 19 Wisconsin State Rep. Kelda Roys (sponsor of the state’s first bill, AB 894 in 2010) will be interviewed by Madison NBC-TV 15 news anchor Carleen Wild about her work in support of the legislation and 2011 plans. Air time is not yet set. Track the Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates group for the schedule. If you live in Wisconsin, contact the WI State Coordinator to volunteer to help.
• OCT. 19 & OCT. 20 The California Healthy Workplace Advocates host Workplace Bullying Institute founders giving a public seminar, doors open at 6 pm, talk is 7 to 9 pm. Oct. 19 they will be in South San Francisco. Oct. 20 they will be in Sacramento. Come meet the Namies and CHWA volunteers to learn about legislative plans for 2011. If you live in California, contact the CA State Coordinator to volunteer to help.
• OCT. 23-24 BPW Saskatoon, Saskatchewan hosts a special conference for the community, “Powerless to Powerful.” Several workshops and presenters are scheduled. Topics include workplace bullying, the Ruth and Gary Namie will present, too.
Tags: BPW Saskatoon, California Healthy Workplace Advocates, Freedom from workplace bullies week, Freedom Week, Gary Namie, Jessi Eden Brown, Pattie Porter, Powerless to powerful, Ruth Namie, Texas Healthy Workplace Advocates, Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates, workplace bullying, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in Healthy Workplace Bill (U.S. campaign), Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 2 | 1 Archived Comment | Post A Comment (
Thursday, September 30th, 2010
by Jessi Eden Brown, MS, LMHC, LPC
A recent online poll conducted on the Workplace Bullying Institute's website supported the common sense argument that workplace bullying strains the target's primary relationship at home.(more…)
Wednesday, November 25th, 2009
We proudly announce that a licensed mental health counselor is joining the WBI staff to offer coaching for bullied targets. Prior to this, Dr. Namie, not a clinical psychologist or therapist, was able to offer strategic advice without being able to help on more vexing emotional matters. He will still be available for expert witness and high-level strategizing. But for individuals overwhelmed by the emotional morass of early-stage bullying or the effects of prolonged exposure to workplace stress, we offer telephone coaching/counseling by Jessi Brown, MS, LMHC, LPC. We plan to offer her telephone services one day per week starting in December. That day has not been determined yet. You can request a 55 min. session with Ms. Brown via e-mail (info at workplacebullying dot org) and we will contact you to select a convenient time. INTRODUCTORY RATE of $50 (US) per hour.