Posts Tagged ‘Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates’
Saturday, November 12th, 2011
The official tally of versions of the Healthy Workplace Bill introduced in 2011 is 18 with 12 current states. Rep. Kelda Roys and 10 co-sponsors are responsible for AB 394 and Sen. Spencer Coggs introduced SB 277. Thanks to the Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates for working in that wonderful state currently held hostage by a crazy governor and assembly. Visit the WI State Page at the website for the Healthy Workplace Bill to find who to thank and encourage.
While at the HWB website, click on the NY State page to see that Assembly bill A 4258 has 74 sponsors!!!
Thursday, October 14th, 2010
• OCT. 19. Thanks to the Texas Healthy Workplace Advocates, El Paso Mayor John Cook and the City Council will proclaim on October 19, Freedom from Bullies at Work Week! If you live in Texas, thank the Mayor. If you want to help Texas enact the anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill, contact the TX State Coordinator.
• OCT. 19, 5 pm (central time) on Pattie Porter’s Texas Conflict Coach radio show, the story of Kevin Morrissey’s suicide in response to his prolonged mistreatment at the Univ. of Virginia. Thank you, Pattie!
• OCT. 19 Wisconsin State Rep. Kelda Roys (sponsor of the state’s first bill, AB 894 in 2010) will be interviewed by Madison NBC-TV 15 news anchor Carleen Wild about her work in support of the legislation and 2011 plans. Air time is not yet set. Track the Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates group for the schedule. If you live in Wisconsin, contact the WI State Coordinator to volunteer to help.
• OCT. 19 & OCT. 20 The California Healthy Workplace Advocates host Workplace Bullying Institute founders giving a public seminar, doors open at 6 pm, talk is 7 to 9 pm. Oct. 19 they will be in South San Francisco. Oct. 20 they will be in Sacramento. Come meet the Namies and CHWA volunteers to learn about legislative plans for 2011. If you live in California, contact the CA State Coordinator to volunteer to help.
• OCT. 23-24 BPW Saskatoon, Saskatchewan hosts a special conference for the community, “Powerless to Powerful.” Several workshops and presenters are scheduled. Topics include workplace bullying, the Ruth and Gary Namie will present, too.
Tags: BPW Saskatoon, California Healthy Workplace Advocates, Freedom from workplace bullies week, Freedom Week, Gary Namie, Jessi Eden Brown, Pattie Porter, Powerless to powerful, Ruth Namie, Texas Healthy Workplace Advocates, Wisconsin Healthy Workplace Advocates, workplace bullying, Workplace Bullying Institute
Posted in Healthy Workplace Bill (U.S. campaign), Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 2 | 1 Archived Comment | Post A Comment (